School Coordinator’s Role
The Utrust Appreciation Program is a student led program which honors all staff members who work in your school on 8 appreciation days during the school year. The program is designed so everyone does a little so no one has to do a lot of work.
The School Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring the success of each of these appreciation days by coordinating the activities for the day and helping to create excitement among the students and staff.
As school coordinator, you will coordinate all activities related to the Appreciation Day. Choose your team wisely and follow the Utrust model and you will experience fantastic success.
Prepare to implement the appreciation program for the school year:
- Assist the principal in enlisting three A-Team advisers for each of the sub-teams of the A-Team: creative, action and paparazzi. Don’t hesitate to ask the principal for assistance.
- Help team advisers select four to six students (18 total) with strong potential to serve on each of three sub-teams of the A-Team.
- Lead in planning an opportunity for parents and other individuals or groups in the community to join in to help with the celebrations throughout the year. (Registration night, parent night, open house, etc.). Utrust provides suggestions and materials for lining up your resources to provide an opportunity for people who would like to participate in the program a chance to do so.
Celebrate each of the 8 appreciation days:
- Before each A-Team meeting, pull the three A-Team advisers together to get agreement on the activities each team will carry out for the special day.
- Schedule meetings for the A-Team for the year and communicate with the team those dates.
- Communicate with the G-Force Adviser about activities the A-Team needs G-Force members to promote for the special day.
- Schedule and plan presentations to the honorees for each appreciation day. Ensure that each team understands and accepts its responsibilities and the right people are involved so the presentations go smoothly. Encourage students to make celebrations fun and honoring to the school staff being celebrated.
Ensure a summary with photos and videos is submitted.
Make sure the Paparazzi Team sends a summary with photos and video to the system coordinator and Utrust through facebook.