What a School Coordinator Does?
The Utrust Employee Appreciation Program is a student led program which honors all staff members who work in your school on 8 appreciation days during the school year. The program is designed so everyone does a little so no one has to do a lot of work.
The School Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring the success of each of these appreciation days by coordinating the activities for the day and helping to create excitement among the students and staff.
The information you need to carry out the tasks for each appreciation day is provided by Utrust in appreciation packets which can be found at www.utrust.org.
As school coordinator, you will coordinate all activities related to the Employee Appreciation Day. Choose your team wisely and follow the Utrust model and you will experience fantastic success. Specifically, you have the following responsibilities:
- Enlist three A-Team leaders for each of the sub-teams of the A-Team: creative, action and paparazzi. Don’t hesitate to ask the principal for assistance.
- Help team leaders select six students (18 total) with strong potential to serve on each of three sub-teams of the A-Team.
- At the start of each school year, lead in planning an opportunity for parents and other individuals or groups in the community to join in to help with the celebrations throughout the year. (Registration night, parent night, open house, etc.) Utrust provides suggestions and materials for using these special nights to provide an opportunity for people who would like to participate in the program a chance to do so.
Here are ways you can make the celebrations successful for each of the 8 appreciation days:
- Before each A-Team meeting, pull team leaders together to get agreement on the activities each team will carry out for the special day.
- Schedule meetings for the A-Team for the year and communicate with the team those dates.
- Communicate with the G-Force Adviser about activities the A-Team needs G-Force members to promote for the special day.
- Schedule and plan presentations to the honorees for each appreciation day. Ensure that each team understands and accepts its responsibilities and the right people are involved so the presentations go smoothly. Encourage students to make celebrations fun and honoring to the school staff being celebrated.