5 Star Awards Self Reporting Form
Purpose. The purpose of this program is to encourage local school boards to achieve excellence in employee management and to recognize any school board that meets the five standards of excellence in employee management.
Procedures. Each board that meets all five standards will be designated as a Utrust 5 Star School System. This is a self-reporting award program. Each winner will receive:
- An award presented to the board.
- Attendance of a trustee or staff member at a local board meeting to present the award.
- A news release sent by Utrust to the local media.
- Posting of award status on the Utrust website for the following year.
- Provide an official seal for the system’s website to indicate they are a Utrust 5 Star Award Winner for Excellence in Employee Management.
Monetary Awards. Systems that practice excellence in employee management sufficient to qualify for a Utrust Five Star Award will receive an additional 25% to any annual distribution of funds through Utrust mini-grants. In order to qualify for the 25% additional funds, a school system must indicate each year that it continues to meet all five standards.