“The G-Force offers more leadership opportunities to students than all other organizations in the school put together.” Dan Tollett
What is the G-Force (printable PDF)
What the G-Force Is (video)
What is the G-Force
The G-Force consists of two students from each homeroom chosen by the homeroom teacher. [peekaboo name=”gforce” onshow=”Click to hide” onhide=”Read more”]
[peekaboo_content name=”gforce”]The job of the G-Force is to build an attitude of gratitude within the school throughout the year. They do this by enlisting and mentoring classmates in their homeroom to recognize the contributions of others and to be intentional about expressing appreciation to them throughout the year, not just on appreciation days. Each month, the G-Force Adviser assigns an employee or employee group to each homeroom.
G-Force members have three options for making appreciation contacts or tagging classmates to do so.
- Both G-Force members go together to thank a staff member in the group assigned to your class
- Each G-Force member selects a classmate to go with him/her to thank a staff member
- Together, the two G-Force members tag two classmates to go together to thank an assigned staff member
The goal is to provide an opportunity for every student in the school to be involved in building an attitude of gratitude in the school and ensure that every school employee receives expressions of appreciation from students that is specific and sincere throughout the year, not just on their appreciation day.
Students have a chance to win $100 at the end of each semester if they make 6 or more contacts throughout the semester. To be eligible, they must turn in the names of at least 6 successful contacts to their G-Force Adviser. Successful contacts are when the staff members are thanked by a G-Force member or a classmate they have tagged. The G-Force Adviser will submit the names of the eligible G-Force students to Utrust.
Why You Need a G-Force
The Utrust Appreciation Program is designed to transform the culture of a school to one where everyone recognizes the contributions of others and expresses gratitude to them throughout the year.
In order to accomplish this goal, as many people as possible need be involved in expressing appreciation. It is vital to get widespread student participation in the program.
[peekaboo name=”need” onshow=”Click to hide” onhide=”Read more”]
[peekaboo_content name=”need”]G-Force members ensure that every student is aware of the goals and activities of the Utrust Appreciation Program and chooses to participate in it.
The G-Force offers more opportunity for student leadership development than all other organizations in the school combined.
As G-Force members become skilled in expressing appreciation and helping classmates learn to express appreciation, the culture of the school changes. Student behavior is better. Student-staff relationships improve. Spirits are lifted and morale improves. The school becomes a better place to learn and work.
How to Establish a G-Force
Follow six easy steps to establish your G-Force.[peekaboo name=”steps” onshow=”Click to hide” onhide=”Read more”][peekaboo_content name=”steps”]
- The principal selects a G-Force Adviser.
- The principal asks each homeroom teacher to select two students to be on the G-Force and submit the names of the students to the G-Force Adviser. The principal follows up the request with an e-mail reminder. Click here for sample memo.
- The homeroom teacher chooses two G-Force members and sends their names to the G-Force Adviser.
- The G-Force Adviser holds an organizational meeting and collects contact information, explains what is expected of the G-Force and advises G-Force members to watch for G-Force postings. (The G-Force adviser may want to take a photograph and submit it along with the G-Force member’s names to the school newspaper or facebook page).
- The G-Force Adviser posts or sends to G-Force members Monthly Mission assignments. A Google Classroom can be available to you to help communicate with students.
- At the end of the year, the G-Force Adviser prints a Leadership Award certificate for each G-Force member and present it on awards day.
G- Force Certificate
This certificate of recognition and appreciation should be presented to each member of the G-Force at the end of the school year on awards day.