The G-Force transforms the culture of any school into one characterized by recognition and appreciation, where students and staff alike feel valued. Dan Tollett-Utrust Administrator
The G-Force Adviser is the champion of the G-Force and seeks to make the G-Force effective in building an attitude of gratitude within the school.
Ideally, the G-Force Adviser will be accessible to students during the day and have a location that all students can access. Assistant principals, librarians or counselors are ideal positions for the G-Force Adviser.
The G-Force Adviser has the task of helping students express thanks to school employees who make a difference in their lives in the following ways.
1. Duties of the G-Force Adviser
- Hold a meeting of all G-Force members to congratulate them on be chosen as a leader. Describe the responsibilities and challenge them to accept the responsibilities and carry them out in an excellent manner.
- Collect each G-Force member’s name and contact information.
2. Responsibilities for Promoting Gratitude Throughout the Year
- Divides the homerooms in the school into 7 groups with approximately the same number of classes in each group. (We do not include the Superintendent because they are not in the school daily).
- Fill in your homeroom groups in the grey boxes on the Utrust provided Monthly Mission Assignment Chart so students can easily see what employee group they are assigned each month.
- Posts the chart where it is visible for students to see.
- Hold a short monthly meeting with G-Force members. Click here to download the pdf of all the monthly meeting agendas with activities.
- Encourage G-Force members as you encounter them around school and ask them for any positive feedback they want to share about their thank you’s.
Click here to download the G-Force Monthly Mission Charts in an Excel doc which includes a list to show G-Force members what they should look for in each employee group.
3. Increase Recognition for the G-Force.
The G-Force Adviser prepares and distributes Leadership Award certificates to each G-Force member at the end of the school year. Utrust provides these certificates in a Word Doc that can be individually modified to suit the school. Also, seek to get the G-Force recognized in the school yearbook.