School Coordinator’s Role
The School Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring the success of the Utrust Appreciation Program (UAP) by coordinating all activities related to the appreciation days, and helping to create excitement among the students and staff about appreciation. A staff member such as an assistant principal, a librarian or school counselor, who has access to all students is an ideal choice as the school coordinator, but classroom teachers who have a heart for appreciation often volunteer to serve in the position. The School Coordinator works with the G-Force Adviser to create an attitude of gratitude and to promote appreciation on every day during the school year. The other major responsibility is to work with A-Team advisers to plan and implement activities for the eight appreciation days during the year.
How to Implement the Utrust Appreciation Program:
- Work with the three A-Team advisers to select 18 students to serve on the A-Team–six students each for the Action Crew, Creative Crew and Paparazzi.
- Before the school year starts, consider providing an opportunity for parents and community groups to help in the appreciation day activities. Set up a table with a sign up sheet on registration night (or parent night, open house, etc.). Have two or three A-Team students stand at the table to greet and invite parents to sign up. For more information on this on our website, click here to read more about lining up your resources.
Ways to Make the Appreciation Days Successful:
- Before each appreciation day, hold a planning meeting of the A-Team advisers to agree on the activities each crew will carry out for the appreciation day.
- Schedule celebration days for the A-Team for the year and communicate those dates to the school community.
- Invite the G-Force Adviser to the planning meeting if G-Force members are needed to for specific responsibilities for an appreciation day.
- Schedule and plan presentations to the honorees for each appreciation day. Invite special guests as needed to participate in appreciation celebrations.
Post a Summary of the Appreciation Day:
- After each appreciation day, post a brief summary of the activities with photos and videos to the closed Facebook group “Utrust Coordinators”. (To apply to be a member of the closed Facebook group, click here.)
- If 5 photos and a brief summary are posted in the Utrust Coordinators group by the designated deadline, your school will be entered into the Lucky Star Random Drawing for a chance to win $100 for your A-Team.
- For a chance for the honoree to win $100 in the Awesome Notes Random Drawing, post in the Utrust Coordinators group up to three photos of awesome notes written by students to the honorees. Include the full name of the honoree. The photos have to be posted by the designated deadline to qualify.