School Coordinator’s Role
The Utrust Appreciation Program is a student led program which honors all staff members who work in your school on 8 appreciation days during the school year. The program is designed so “everyone does a little so no one does a lot”.
The School Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring the success of each of these appreciation days by coordinating the activities for the day and helping to create excitement among the students and staff. An assistant principal is a great choice as the school coordinator.
As school coordinator, you will coordinate all activities related to the Utrust Appreciation Program. You will work with the three A-Team advisers and the G-Force Adviser. The advisers will each be working with their crew–Action, Creative or Paparazzi–to plan and implement the activities for the eight appreciation days.
The G-Force Adviser and the G-Force members will be working consistently throughout the school year to create an attitude of gratitude within the school. The G-Force may also be asked to assist the A-Team in promoting activities in their classrooms for some of the appreciation days like the charity drive for Superintendent Day and activities in the classroom for Teacher Day.
Follow the Utrust model and you will experience fantastic success.
Prepare to Implement the Appreciation Program:
- Coordinate the process of selecting 18 students to serve on the A-Team–six each for the Action Crew, Creative Crew and Paparazzi Crew.
- Before the school year starts, provide an opportunity for parents and community groups to help in the appreciation day activities. Set up a table with a sign up sheet on registration night (or parent night, open house, etc.). Have 2 or 3 A-Team students stand at the table to greet and recruit parents to sign up. For more information on this on our website, click here to read more about lining up your resources.
Celebrate the 8 Appreciation Days:
- Before each appreciation day, hold a planning meeting of the A-Team advisers to agree on the activities each crew will carry out for the appreciation day.
- Schedule celebration days for the A-Team for the year and communicate with the crew those dates.
- Invite the G-Force Adviser to the planning meeting when the G-Force members are asked to participate in specific appreciation days such as Superintendent Day and Teacher Day.
- Schedule and plan presentations to the honorees for each appreciation day. Have the right people involved so the presentations go smoothly.
Ensure a Summary with Photos and Videos is Submitted.
- Posts summaries, photos and videos to the Utrust Coordinators closed Facebook group. Click here to go to the Utrust Coordinators Facebook group.
- If at least 5 photos and a brief summary are posted in the Utrust Coordinators group by the designated deadline, your school will be entered into the Lucky Star Random Drawing for a chance to win $100 for your A-Team.
- For a chance for an honoree to win $100 in the Awesome Notes Random Drawing, post in the Utrust Coordinators group up to 3 photos of awesome notes written by students to the honorees. Include the full name of the honoree. The photos have to be posted by the designated deadline to qualify.